MSM “THE ULTIMATE HEALTH ALLY”
MSM (methyl sulfonyl methane or dimethyl sulfone) is an organic sulfur compound with high bioavailability and crucial for many functions of the human body.
Fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, seafood and dairy products are the main natural sources of MSM. Unfortunately a large amount of it is destroyed by washing, steaming and baking foods. Poor diet and modern lifestyle also decrease the levels of MSM in our bodies.
According to scientific research and clinical studies that have been conducted over the last thirty years in various universities and research centers around the world, MSM has shown to have strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and detoxifying properties. In cases of osteoarthritis taking 500mg MSM daily for three months, provides analgesic and anti-inflammatory action and contributes to joint health. According to a double – blind clinical study, the results are accelerated when combining with the administration of glucosamine sulfate, significantly improving the quality of life of the patient.
The MSM helps to combat the back and neck pain, it is important to tissue regeneration and is used to promote healthy joints and cartilage. It relaxes the muscles doing it useful in rehabilitation of people who have suffered sports injuries. It is also ideal as a natural treatment of tendinitis and tennis elbow. MSM contributes to the production of elastin, collagen and keratin of a substance that is essential for the health of hair and nails. It enhances the mucosa of the digestive tract and the urinary tract, helping in some cases of constipation and providing natural antiparasitic activity, demonstrating that the MSM (organic sulfur) is the ultimate health ally.
Our body uses MSM in synergy with vitamin C to create new, healthy cells. Without proper levels of MSM, our bodies are unable to produce good and healthy cells resulting in problems such as loss of flexibility, wrinkles, varicose veins, dry skin, digestive disorders, joint problems and more.
Every year we discover more miraculous properties of the MSM and many universities and research centers focus on the development and study of its properties.
Let’s start now looking for more natural ways to deal with the most common life-limiting diseases and let’s not forget that nature is our ally.
M.Sc. Pharmacist George Manios
- Randomized, double – blind, parallel placebo – controlled study of oral glucosamine, Methylsulfonylmethane and their combination in osteoarthritis. PMID: 17516722
- Pharmacokinetics and distribution of 35S methylsulfonylmethane following oral administration to rats. PMID: 17263509
- Efficacy of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) in osteoarthritis pain of the knee: a pilot clinical trial. 2003 jan-feb: 23 (IA): 453 – 8
- Efficacy of methylsulfonylmethane supplementation on osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized controlled study. NCT01188213 PMID 21709034 PMCID 3141601
- Effect of methylsulfonylmethane on paraquat – induced acute lung and liver injury in mice. PMID 23595869
- Hepatoprotective effect of methylsulfonylmethane against carbon tetrachloride – induced acute liver injury in rats. PMID 23591777
- MSM enhances GH signaling via the jak2/STAT56 pathway in osteoblast – like cells and osteoblast differentiation through the activation of STAT56 in MSCs. PMID 23071812 PMC 3469535 PMID 23013531 PMCID 3507661